Last week, SG attended the 29th Annual Footwear News Achievement Awards in Manhattan on December 2nd, as we designed all of the videos for the event. The ceremony, often referred to as the “Shoe Oscars,” recognizes the best in the footwear industry. And we can say it was definitely a star-studded event.
Hosted by the Footwear Association of New York (FFANY), the Footwear Distributors and Retailers of America (FDRA), and Zappos Couture, the 2015 Achievement Awards awarded the Shoe of the Year title to Kanye West for the Adidas Yeezy Boost 350 by Kanye West.
When West accepted the award, he gave a hilarious twenty-minute acceptance speech, initially referring to the Adidas executive team as the “three people who I screamed at the most in the past year.” He went on to joke about his casual attire, stating, “I know you’re thinking ‘Where’s his suit jacket?’ But if my wife’s not here, no suit jacket!”
Don’t forget to watch the rest of his speech here:
The other acceptance speech we particularly loved came from designer Prabal Gurung, who spoke about why education, especially girls’ education, is so important. This touched us, because while the event is about fashion, his speech also emphasized how we need to work for the greater good. In an interview for Footwear News, he stated:
“My job as a designer is to create a beautiful wardrobe that inspires. My job as a person is to make sure all the attention I’m getting for my work does not stay within these walls. It needs to go somewhere else.”
Our design fit seamlessly into the fashion world, as evidenced here by the video illustrating Gurung’s acceptance speech:
We’re completely honored to have been able to design the videos for the acclaimed awards. Below is the full list of honorees from the 2015 FNAA’s:
– Style Influencer of the Year: Alexa Chung
– Marketer of the Year: Anne Muhlethaler on behalf of Christian Louboutin
– Manolo Blahnik Lifetime Achievement Award: Robert Greenberg
– Company of the Year: Paulette Alviti on behalf of Foot Locker
– Brand of the Year: Kevin Plank on behalf of Under Armour
– Designer of the Year: Egardo Osorio of Aquazzura
– Retailer of the Year: Justin O’Shea on behalf of Mytheresa.com
– Icon Award for Social Impact: Prabal Gurung
– Vivian Infantino Emerging Talent Award: Aurora James on behalf of Brother Vellies.